Choosing a domain name is not typical work for anyone who deals with the internet. Choosing a domain name requires a lot of thought and consideration. You all know that this is an identity of your entity, which shows all over the world. Every business needs to have a website and they need a domain for it.
Things to remember first for registering a domain:
- The domain name you which you want to make your website name should be a short name, this name should be easy to remember and easy to read. And also your domain name needs to relate to your entity, it should be meaningful.
- You have to clear about Domain properties like sub-domain and top-level-domain.
- Top-level-domain is like an extension of your domain name wiz. .in, .com, .biz etc. This is also based on country-specific for search engines. You can read it on Why Top Level Domain is mater to choose a domain.
- The Domain name can be 2 or 3 words but it should make sense and needs to have a proper meaning in itself.
- Choose a good domain service provider always, I recommend Godaddy to you. You can choose it by your own choice by exploring the facilities and prices also.
- Most of the time the name which you choose for your domain doesn’t available for taking for you. Then service provider suggests you a similar name for your domain. So I will recommend you to choose it wisely, don’t think so that the suggested name needs to take on that time.
Steps for registering a domain name:
Step 1: First go to your service provider website, I am sharing the steps about Godaddy, in terms of the domain service provider this is the best website for domain purchase. (I have found that there is a myth on most the person minds that server and domain service should be taken from one service provider. It can be possible that we can purchase different domain and server from desired websites)
Step 2: Search here your domain name which you have chosen for your website. If it is available with your upper level domain and right domain which you want the click on add to cart option.
If the name which you want to take as a domain is not available and also taken by any other person then you have to find any other name or you can go with the suggested name if you find a good one.
If that domain is shows with premium domain and its price in lacks then you have to left that domain yet and go with the different domain name. Another thing you can do that if you want to take your domain for India only then you can go with .in upper level domain.
Step 3: If you don’t have any ID on Godaddy then first you have to make an account in Godaddy.
Uncheck all the additional services, you can take SSL certificate yet but I recommend you to not purchase it in beginner level because it is little bit costly.
Step 4: Finally checkout for this domain name and make payment for it.
Note: If want to just start on this field I want to suggest you that you should purchase a domain and server for less amount because this is a good method that you start it by investing less.
To start with less investment, it can be possible by this method:
I. Go to your browser and search “99 web hosting Godaddy”
II. Go to first link shown on google then search your domain name here.
III. You will get a free domain and a web hosting for 1 year with very less amount.
IV. After that the steps are same as it is prescribed in this article.
- I personally recommend some tips for you to purchase a domain name registration.
- Whenever we are going to do something there are some criteria’s for learning that thing. Suppose you are in school and studied in class 12th then this is necessary that you have to take classes for understanding the concepts first they want to study and study. But in terms of web designing this is not enough that you took lessons and then you became a master on it. Web related skills are built through practice only and it is depends on how you can explore.
- Because we cannot say that he/she is a master of web designing, because web-related skills have infinite possibilities, I thought that they have no end. So rather than focusing on lessons or reading, we have to do practice and also we have to explore it.
To grow your digital skills, come up with me.