Do you know that “What is Hosting?” What is the component of the hosting and what are things which are responsible for hosting? These all things I will going to introduce here, Let’s Introduce first, what is Hosting?
There are lots of hosting provider services on the internet, these all are not done any special work. They simply put some super computer and once you purchase their hosting plan, they put your website on these computers. As you know hosting computer connects with the internet through the servers that’s why your website shows on internet 24×7.
How to Host a Website
The first thing to consider when starting your website is to choose a web hosting provider (if you already have a web domain1). The web hosting provider provides the web space (i.e. special computers called web servers) where your website files are stored, as well as the technologies and services needed for your website to be viewed on the Internet. Source: Hostgator
Hosting Providers and Hosting Provider Company’s Rank
Basically hosting provider, provides us, a space for our website all time till the subscription period. So this is the first thing to do whenever we plan for a website. So first we have to plan for a hosting type that what type of hosting we have to purchase. It matters for website type.
Once we decided that what type of hosting we have to purchase then we have to choose the right service provider. There is a lot of service provider in the Online world. So choosing the right service provider is also a great thing.
Following are the popular hosting providers:
(What are The Best Servers for Hosting?)
- #1 BlueHost.
- #2 Hostgator.in.
- #3 Site Ground:
- #4 BigRock.com.
- #5 InMotion Hosting.
- #6 Hosting Raja.
- #7 A2 hosting.
- #8 GoDaddy.com
These all are good hosting provider, you can choose one of the above-mentioned service providers. These are written according to their rank.
Step By Step Guide to Setup A Domain
Before Starting this Guide, we have to understand about hosting types. Because this is the most important thing before start our website. Following are the hosting types according to website requirement.
- Shared Hosting: If your website is static or just based upon HTML pages and separated by Java-script. It simply informational websites. It is good in a shared hosting. “Shared hosting provide us a shared space on the web, where websites traffic is adjusted all time. These type of hosting works according to traffic.”
- VPS (Virtual Private Server): This server has pre-decided memory and sources for use. It cannot increase automatically. This type of hosting server used for multiple website server accounts. If you want to start multiple websites, then it is a good server for you.
- Dedicated Server: It provides space for more customization and more sources. It is a fast and secure server. It is a good server for high-level business or a big website. Because it can handle multiple chances or customization requests at a time.
- Cloud Server: This is a highly secured and good server. It requires mostly for high traffic and multiple actions at a time. Cloud server has a group of servers. It promises us to provide extra servers when it needs. So this server provides us extra server when our website wants some extra spaces to handle the traffic.
Just like types of servers we have to choose the hosting based upon OS. It also matters for security and safety purpose.
- Linux Hosting, which allows running scripts are written in PHP, Perl, Python, and other Unix-originated languages, and usually supports PostgreSQL and MySQL databases. This is the most commonly used system today.
- Windows Hosting, which allows running ASP scripts utilizing .NET and other Microsoft technologies, and supports Microsoft SQL Server and Access database.
Now Start the step guide to purchase a domain and its setup:
Step 1: Go to the service provider website. First, you have to sign up for making an account on that particular website.
Step2: After Logging in to your account you have to select hosting through the menu.
(Note: I am explaining here the GoDaddy option interface, all the service providers website has different options. So if you are seeking “How to Host a Website on GoDaddy” then this is a right guide for you.)
Step 3: Choose website hosting and then Choose your plan here.
Step 4: Click on Add to Cart and you have to buy it by paying through online payment.
How to Host a Website on A Server
- After Setting our server we have to install an application on it or upload an application manually by gound on Application or File manager.
- Go to the file manager for uploading a website when you have pre-prepared data or pre-downloaded software.
- Go to Application when you want to install fresh CMS for your website.
- Here you have to give a domain name and email address.
To grow your digital skills, come up with me.