In WordPress, themes are basically layout arrangement. which forms multiple pages and all interface. Themes are all short by colors, fonts, slides, animation, and buttons. A few themes come with editing tools and come with ready to make a useful layout theme.
These themes can be managed by anyone who knows about some dashboard elements. There is some simple process for managing themes.
Once we go to make a website we have to choose a particular theme which has a proper combination between our product and theme. It should have some sort of data, graphics, and writings.
How to access themes, Select Themes, and Activation:
A WordPress Theme is a collection of files that work together to produce a graphical interface with an underlying unifying design for a weblog. These files are called template files. A Theme modifies the way the site is displayed, without modifying the underlying software. Source: codex.wordpress.org
Theme Selection and Theme Access of WordPress
In website designing field theme selection and its access are like renovating a house after making it. Just like your website has built but has not had a proper theme then it will not look good at all. Your theme will allow you to make it user-friendly.
Theme selection in WordPress is an easy work. There is two type of selection option we have. One is free and one is paid, About 90% of WordPress themes are paid but also paid themes a can be used as free because we can access lots of the feature free from these themes.
First talk about free themes Selection:
In WordPress, there is a huge no of free themes, which are using without any of the payment. So here I am recommending you some free themes for starting your journey. One thing is to be remembered for working a long time or accessing a good project, it is necessary to use a paid theme.
You can use these themes for free, they may be trail features or may have some restrictions but able to use:
- Genesis (authority pro) *for blogging
- Flatsome *E-commerce
- Our Blog *Blogs
- Sauve *E-commerce
You can choose your theme from your dashboard also, Just Go to Apperarance>themes>add Themes. Then select your desired theme, these themes may ask for activation but not necessary to activate the theme.
- Check your free theme on any other platform like localhost or on your rough site first.
- Demo data import required for every theme apart from this your theme configuration will be incomplete.
- All the themes give their full result with required plugins so that you have to make sure that plugin recommendation is being mentioned on the dashboard or not.
- Don’t go with the theme on which the whole structure is made by shortcodes.
- Check whether the download option is available or not.
Paid themes selection:
- So first you have to make a list of those features which you want on your website. It may be a shipping feature for e-commerce, SEO optimization feature for a blogging website, or it may be a multivendor feature for a multishop website.
- Don’t be choose a heavy featured theme because it may harm you in future or long run. It has a lot of features by which website performance going low.
- Color option you may opt. You can choose the color of your theme according to your logo.
- Must try the demo from both side front end and back end of your theme. and see that the theme is not a complicated one. Are be handle this theme.
- Don’t buy a costly theme if you are a beginner. Or if you are a beginner then you have to go with a free theme.
- Choose from themegrill or evento market.
- Make sure your theme is responsive for every device.
So after applying these filters, you are ready to purchase a theme. By purchasing any theme you can get some assistance from theme company executives.
After choosing your theme and download it. You have to upload your theme on your theme section.
To grow your digital skills, come up with me.